Wednesday 11 March 2009

Moods

What is it that changes our mood? How do we go from being quite happy, to suddenly being down? I read once, that it only takes one bad thing to make you unhappy, but to cheer you up, it takes five good things. Does this mean, that unhappiness is a stronger emotion, or merely an easier one to have?

Personally, I find myself more in a happier mood than I am a bad one, and I can honestly say, I don’t know what makes me so happy! Today I woke up and saw the sun blazing through my window, lighting my whole room up, and for a slight moment, it felt like summer, my favourite time of the year :) and this in itself brightened up my day… Literally! Maybe we need to have something good start our day to make a good mood last… Wake up on the right side of the bed. What does that expression mean? I have pondered this many a time, wondering whether it has hidden meaning, or if it’s a metaphor for something. If I woke up on the wrong side of my bed, then I’d have a whopping big lump on head! Not really something that will make me happy…

Some people seem to be down quite a lot, snap at people, or are pessimistic. There’s nothing worse than being in the company of a constantly depressed person, it brings your mood down too! Who wants to be sat with someone who always has a bad answer for everything? Or has a way of making you think badly of something because of the way they see things? Not I. I enjoy the complany of my friends, who are all bright and happy people, mainly because I am at the centre of their happiness :P obviously! Hmm, maybe that’s because I’m always saying things without thinking… I thought Eddie Murphy was dead! I then realised, I was thinking of Freddie Mercury! An easy mistake to make… Maybe not. I have made the mistake too of thinking mongolia was a breed of dog… It is infact a country, and it is a mongrel that is a dog. This does seem to amuse those around me.

Something tells me I should rethink the idea of applying for mastermind, I may just end up making a fool of myself and end up on Outtake TV instead! Or worse, youtube! :O I suppose it’s one way of getting your name known. If you don’t mind people thinking you lack intelligence! Which although I don’t, is pretty hard to deny now… Ah well, c’est la vie! You only live once!

No comments:

Post a Comment