Wednesday 18 March 2009

Infidelity and Suspicions

So today I decided, I’d sit in and watch and a film, curled up on the sofa, with my big fluffy dressing gown, and forget about being ill. I ended up watching The Women. I loved it! I thought it was brilliant! However, it did raise issues for me. What is it that’s so hard about being faithful? Why do people see the need to stray, and go in search of something that they have already?

Cheating is never something I really understood. Someone once told me, ‘the grass is greener at home’ and I thought, it’s true. If you’re happy, then you have everything you want. Why risk losing it all? But some people do. They throw everything away for nothing, as it often turns out, that what they gained, was nothing to what they lost.

I have friends that recently have been unfaithful, and they don’t seem to care. People’s minds are becoming corupt, and any feelings are just being forgotten. I am shocked how anyone could cause such pain and hurt to someone they care so deeply about. I am ashamed to say I know so many people who do it, and shocked by them. It’s so unexpected. Which draws me to my next point.

If infidelity is becoming more common, what chance do we stand of being happy? What stops us from suspecting those close to us? I myself, admittedly get paranoid, not that I should. I am happy, and I am a nice person, I am happy with whom I’m with. I have trust that they will remain faithful, but there will always be a thought in the back of my mind, some people will throw away everything.

Trust isn’t something that should be given away freely, it is something that should be earned. It’s alright to have some suspicions, just don’t live by them. Live everyday as if it’s your last, cherish every moment you have, you don’t know how long something will last. Not everything will last forever.

1 comment:

  1. You're absolutely right Victoria, and in regards to trust, once its broken, I feel that it can never properly be regained.

    Particularly in our generation it is easy to see a lack of fidelity, relationships are not really taken seriously until we get old enough to feel like we should settle down and start a family, but in defense of some, infidelity is not always taken so lightly. I'm in no way advocating that to cheat on your partner is right but I recently read a very interesting book entitled:

    "It's called a break up because its broken" by Greg Behrendt and Amira Ruotola-Behrendt

    Which made me think about how relationships can decompose without you or your partner realising it.

    Ultimately, I think that infidelity when done continuously and without thought or care is wrong yet I will accept that there are circumstances where people feel the need to do something drastic, just to try and feel.

    Relationships in general are the hardest part of being alive, I do't think we'll ever fully understand why we enter into new and disband broken relationships.
    Holly x

    ReplyDelete